There comes a time in everyone's life where you need to make something quick and epic for brunch. This was that time for me. Definitely worth the 20 minutes or so it took (including baking time).
Stilton and Bacon Muffins
Makes 9 small muffins
1 or 2 rashers of bacon
25g soft butter
190g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 190'C.
- Chop up your bacon with scissors and fry off in a pan until crisp.
- Meanwhile, mix the butter, egg and milk with a fork.
- Add the flour and baking powder and lightly mix until just incorporated. Don't worry about getting all the flour mixed in.
- Add the crumbled stilton and bacon and lightly fold until evenly incorporated.
- Pour into silicon cake cases.
- Bake for about 13 minutes until the top is golden.
- Maybe try not to eat them all before they've even cooled down!