|The Marrow of Ultimate Doom|
(Makes quite a big loaf)
150g fine Matzo meal
(I was just using store cupboard ingredients, add more flour to substitute)
600g marrow, grated (a medium marrow)
100g strong cheese
2 packets of dried yeast (2 x 7g)
Glug of olive oil
Poppy seeds to garnish
Salt and pepper to taste
* Top, tail and deseed your marrow. Grate it into a colander.
* Add a pinch of salt and leave for the water to run out.
* Mix the flour, matzo meal, yeast and cheese in a large mixing bowl.
* Squeeze the remaining moisture out of the marrow and pat dry with a clean tea towel.
* Add the marrow to your dry ingredients, then add the oil and a dash of warm water.
* Knead until you have a firm dough. Add water sparingly as I found the marrow gives off more as you knead.
* Leave to prove until doubled in size.
* Knock the dough back gently and make into desired shape on baking tray.
* Preheat oven to 200'C while you leave the dough for its final rise.
* When the bread has risen again, brush with a little milk, sprinkle with poppy seeds and bake for 30minutes.
* Enjoy - we found it delicious with smoked paprika hummus!